This follows The Provincial Department of Transport informing all DLTC in the Province of the intension of the Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) to replace the manual learners license system with the computerized learners license testing system (CLLT).
The test is fully computerised and is takes still and hour to complete the test.
The system selects a total of 64 random questions from a list of 1 200 questions on the system.
The pass rate of the test is still the same as the manual system.
Due to the high call volumes experienced and for the convenience of our residents, the Braelyn and Gonubie Driver’s License Testing Centre have implemented a WhatsApp system where the residents can send a WhatsApp to make an appointment for the renewal of their driving licenses or to track the process of their driving license cards.
The public can contact the Gonubie Department at 043 705 9734 or 043 742 7456 or on WhatsApp number 081 887 1920 and the East London Department 7059335 or 0437059326 or on WhatsApp number 067 428 4888.
For your own health and safety, we would like to encourage our residents to make use of the telephonic bookings system and to refrain from coming to the Traffic Department early in the morning as it will serve no purpose as you will only be issued with an appointment to come back at a later date and time.
All application forms can be downloaded from www.enatis.com.
The telephone number for the Mdantsane Driver’s license Centre – 043 705 9909.
We urge our residents to be patient as these lines are extremely busy and we are faced with staff challenges from time to time due to the Covid pandemic.”
The process for an applicant to apply for the learner’s test:
• The applicant will present his/her booking confirmation/receipt for application together with his/her ID on the test appointment date.
• The examiner will compare the applicant before him/her with the photo of the applicant that appears in his/her ID book.
• The applicant will his/her ID book to log into the system, (Using the touch screen pad)
• The system will validate the ID entry and indicate if a valid booking exists for the specific date and code.
• The examiner will brief the applicants, providing explicit instructions. This will include being talked through the demo test. The test proper and the post-test procedures are also discussed before commencement of the test.
• The test proper will start after the briefing session (a predetermined time period is allowed for the examiner to complete the applicant briefing)
• The duration of the test per applicant is 1 hour to complete. The hour however does not include the test administration and test demo. The timer on the tablet screen is a guid to the applicant indicating the period within which the test must be completed. The end of the test duration will however be determined and indicated by the Examiner.
Applicant can prepare for the computerised test by downloading the manual which is available on www.enatis.com.