The R268 million project is part of the Metro’s vision to grow the City’s economy, by making a visible investment into infrastructure to improve the quality of Mdantsane which would in turn strengthen investor confidence and growth, with the aim of attracting more investment in our City.
The Metro calls for patience and tolerance to the community of Mdantsane on all the roadworks that are expected to upgrade the Qumza Highway. This project will change the face of Mdantsane and unlock this sleeping giant’s business potential.
The description is as follows:
• The section of road opening is from the crossroads intersection up until traffic circle at NU8. (the road will be dual carriageway on both sides)
• From the NU8 circle only NU9 residents will be able to go through straight until the exit intersection at Km 0+360, traffic travelling towards the NU6 Mall will be diverted to the left carriageway where the section will be a two-way street to accommodate road closure in front of Sasol.
• Access to the NU 8 residents will be fully opened
• Sasol Garage (NU 6) will be restricted to one entrance and outlet during the construction of the works in front of the Garage
• The bypass road that was used near the Sasol Garage will be fully closed.
• The intersection in front of the mall leading to NU 7 will be closed for construction works. Vehicles coming from NU 2,5,6,7,14 & 16 will be diverted via the road parallel to Qumza Highway and use the RH Godlo Primary Entrance road.
• The duration of the closure will be until end of July 2020 weather permitting.