DUNCAN VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
The Buffalo City Metro is calling on Small and Medium Enterprises (SMMes) particularly those operating in the Duncan Village area to ensure that they are not at the forefront of stopping projects. We have learnt with quite disappointment allegations that our project in Duncan Village has been halted by forums claiming to be representing of SMMes in the area. It’s very unfortunate in that the work that is done by government and stakeholders in Duncan Village is unable to proceed.
The City is in a process of changing the lives of Duncan Village residents, by building 21 000 units, currently we are in the process of moving 5000 units from identified Hostel areas, we have also identified sites which we are going to be building TRAs and we will be moving people within that process.
In the process of clearing the sites, local forums have stopped the work by claiming to be representatives of businesses in that area and wanting a stake in the contract.
The unfortunate part is that, the City is already rolling out policies that are aimed at developing SMMes where in 30% of the work that is done by the municipality at all material times is allocated to SMMes. Therefore, we urge SMMEs not to delay developments in the face of claiming to be representing businesses.
The City has got clear policies and procedures on how to deal with SMMes, and we are not in a position to be held at ransom by forums that are dictating to government on how to conduct its business.
The City calls on established construction companies and vendors to register on the central supplier database of Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
Registration. The central supplier database is a prerequisite to be considered for an invitation to submit proposals or be invited for purposes of pre-qualification by parties implementing project components from time to time.
Requirements to be registered on the Central Supplier Database of BCMM will be as follows:
• A formal request for registration on the database to be submitted in a sealed envelope.
The formal request must be accompanied by the following minimum documentation:
• Registration with CIPRO / CIPC
• CIDB registration and grading
• Original or certified copy of BBBEE certification
• NHBRC registration (this is only applicable to building contractors)
• Letter of good standing with SARS
• Letter of Good Standing from the Department of Labour
• Company profile (inclusive of experience)
• Certified copy of ID documents of directors
• Proof of address in the form of a paid-up municipal services account f
Date Posted: 2020-07-03