HEAD OF DIRECTORATE: SPORT, RECREATION AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
as per the provisions of Government Gazette No 43122 dated 20 March 2020.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/Public Administration/Law or Equivalent
- Certificate in Municipal Financial Management (SAQA Qualification ID 48965) OR to be obtained within 18 months from date of appointment. Failure to obtain/exhibit the required competence, will result in the termination of the appointee’s services within one month after the end of the new appointees 18-month period as per clause 3 (b) of Government Gazette No. 37432 dated 14 March 2014.
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service professionals (SACSSP) or similar recognised relevant professional body may be an added advantage
- Five (5) years’ experience in middle management level
- Have proven successful institutional transformation experience within the public or private sector
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation
- Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance and performance management systems
- Understanding of:
- Council operations
- Delegation of powers
- Sports Development, Facilities and Recreation
- Community Development (Halls, Libraries, Zoo and Aquarium)
- Parks and Cemeteries
Key Performance Areas
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain Management regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No. 5 of 2000)
- Oversee and ensure effective planning, development, management and implementation of Sport, Recreation, Community Development and Parks and Cemeteries related projects
- Lead, direct and manage the Directorate in an effective and efficient manner in order to ensure the attainment of the strategic objectives and goals.
The contact person relating to any queries with regards to the above post can be made to Mr Bob Naidoo – HOD: Corporate Services on 043 – 705 1893
All applications must be accompanied by an official application form which is obtainable from